Purchase Signed Paperbacks

Signed Paperbacks

Email Me

Email me at Bethrinyu@gmail.com

Monday, March 9, 2020

Creativity Takes Courage

As I'm getting a little closer to typing "The End" on my next book, I doubted myself a few times along the way. Not because I don't like my storyline, quite the opposite, I love it. It's because some of my characters are seriously flawed in ways that some readers may not be able to look past. I thought about changing some things for those who refuse to read a book that has a certain element to it, but I just cannot bring myself to do it because it's the heart of the story in which everything else flows. I love to read realistic fiction, as do a lot of readers, and to me "realistic" means...real life. And in real life people are flawed, people make mistakes and if they're lucky, they learn from them and move forward using that knowledge in a positive way. There are no perfect people in life, and there are no perfect characters in books (at least not mine anyway). So, I'm embracing all their faults and loving them just the same...as I hope you will too.

Be original, stay true to yourself, and don't be afraid of the criticism that may come from it.


No comments:

Post a Comment