Purchase Signed Paperbacks

Signed Paperbacks

Email Me

Email me at Bethrinyu@gmail.com

Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Every Writer Knows...

 The worst time for a writer is when they're stuck. It's that time when they have a story brewing in their mind, but they haven't ironed out all the details. Major missing pieces and plot holes invade every crevice of their brain. No matter how hard they try to to make the story jive, it just doesn't seem to work. It's like putting a square peg into a round hole. Every author knows exactly what I'm talking about. I have an idea for a story that I know could be great if I could just find those missing pieces. I'm dying to create new characters, new places, and new stories, but I know I can't until I could fill in the blanks. So, I'm not going to stress because I know it will come to me when I least expect it. Maybe while I'm walking through the woods, maybe while I'm people watching or maybe as I'm lying in bed just before those last few moments of consciousness give way to sleep. I think it might be our subconscious telling our wandering minds to rest a bit. Take in reality before escaping to a fictional world. But quite honestly, can you think of any other time than now to flee from reality? So for now, I'm going to lose myself in other writer's fictional worlds by reading or shall I say...listening (I'm an audiobook junkie) and hopefully I'll find those missing pieces I'm looking for along the way!




No comments:

Post a Comment