Purchase Signed Paperbacks

Signed Paperbacks

Email Me

Email me at Bethrinyu@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

My Midweek Advice

As I said in previous posts, I stopped watching the news a while ago. Not because I don't care about what's going on in the world, but my anxiety level can't take it. Instead, I'm trying to stay optimistic by thinking of what the world will be like once this is all over. Simple things I took for granted, like getting my hair done, going to the mall and shopping, going to the grocery store and being able to amble down the aisles and take everything in. Then I focus on bigger things, like planning my next vacation or what my next big home improvement will be. Until that time comes, I'm trying to stay positive and keep myself busy by doing small things around my house, like making floral arrangements from flowers I normally overlooked in my backyard, always giving them a quick glance when they'd bloom, thinking "oh yeah, they're pretty". Never giving much thought that these beautiful blooms come back year after year, regardless of the harsh winter they may have encountered, regardless of the amount of sun, the amount of rain or the amount of tending to. They come back every year without fail, even if it's just to give us a week's worth of beauty...it's up to us if we choose to see it or let it fade away. This year was the first year I really chose to see that beauty and bring it inside to enjoy a little longer. 


So my midweek advice is this: Find beauty in things your took for granted. Do something that makes you happy, and most importantly...Stay Positive! Brighter days are ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment